Saturday, September 09, 2006

Little pieces of paper everywhere

I am the type of person that writes everything down on little pieces of paper. If I get a message, I write it on an old envelope, or random piece of paper. The probelm is, when I go to try to find it...I never can. So, I have all these pieces of paper with numbers but no names..names no numbers...just random words or numbers, etc. Why or why do I do this to myself?

Just today I remembered a friend called like 3 weeks ago and I did not have time to call her back so I wrote it on a piece of paper. Fast forward to today. I am just sitting on the couch minding my own business and her name pops into my head. I think, "Ooh, I've got to call her back before she thinks that I don't want to talk to her". So, I start rambling around the house for the phone number. I have a huge stack of papers in the dining room and I start looking through those. No dice. I look through the stuff piled on my desk, no number. I look everwhere...no number. Frustration sets in. Then I finally find one of her business cards and give her a call. Phew! Mission accomplished.

Of course tomorrow I will find that piece of paper that has her number on it. That is always the way it goes.

1 comment:

angelabbf said...

That's so me!