Monday, January 12, 2009

The Duchess

I got my Netflix movie, The Duchess on Saturday and I watched it last night. It was a great movie. I really enjoyed it. The theme really hit a nerve with me. One of the big ones was the sacrifice and obligation of women. Another integral theme was the double standard of what is appropriate for women versus men.
Nothing gets me more amped than this whole phenomenon. I hate that this exists. I hate that women can suffer so much. I hate that the standards are so much higher for women than men. I hate that women always deal with emotional sacrifice rather than physical sacrifice that men generally deal with. It makes being a woman less desirable and more emotionally draining.
Even though things have changed from the 18th or 19th century, I still feel that there are a number of things that haven't changed and maybe never will.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

No comments: