
One of the things that really makes me nervous is the prospect of driving in Manhattan. With all those taxis and congestion, it always makes my stomach queasy. You would think that after driving in SF, NYC would be no problem but for some reason, I find it frightening.
However, one of my friends came to visit from the Bay Area and organized a get together at the Children's Museum at 10am. Since was over the weekend, you have to get an insanely early train to get there on time. With the train being so early and a very mobile toddler, I thought an 1 1/2 train ride would leave mommy crazed. I decided to drive.
I did really well, even when my directions lead me to the closed Throgs Neck Bridge and I had to use my GPS to find alternate directions. I made it to the Children's Museum on the Upper West side and across town to my job on the East Side. I felt very accomplished and I think I am over my fear.

No comments:
Post a Comment