Sunday, December 17, 2006

My first Thanksgiving in New York


This was the Thanksgiving that embodied many firsts. It was the first Thanksgiving in New York, the first in the new house, and the first Thanksgiving that I actually hosted all on my own! I actually ordered the smoked turkey and the Honeybaked Ham but I did all the fixings from scratch. My dad came to spend a week with us and my husband invited a couple over for dinner. I was little freaked out of course. I thought I might poison someone but everything turned out perfectly. We had plenty of food and fun was had by all. I was also pretty thankful that I had the next day off to recover.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Look at you all domesticated!! The table looks lovely, and I'm glad to hear your dinner was a success!

angelabbf said...

Sounds like fun. Good job on doing all the sides from scratch!