Wednesday, January 10, 2007

NYE aka My Birthday


New Years Eve also happens to be my birthday and jsut about every year since I've gotten married, it has absolutely SUCKED! This year was no different.


When I was a kid, my parents always went out of their way to make my birthday special. It was a day all about me and I got my favorite food and my favorite cake every year! My parents would also assemble a birthday table with all my gifts that I would open the morning of my birthday. Then later on we would all sit by the TV and watch the New Year come in and toast with champagne. Even when I was little.


Since I have gotten married, it has been less than stellar. Since my husband typically works on New Year's I usually spend my birthday at someone else's party with someone else's friends. This year is was a wedding. I have to admit that I did consent to this but I thought that the rest of the day before the wedding (the wedding began at 9pm) would be special. Boy, was I wrong. First, my husband slept in and woke up just in time to go buy a suit for him, since he left his suit at home. Then we race to the venue to set up and just as I am getting ready to dress for the wedding, I get sent out by him to go pick up additional equipment. By the time that I get back, and dressed, the wedding is almost over...so I missed that. I make it time for the reception. That irked me. The wedding was very nice and I have no complaints about that but I just felt that he did not put any effort forward for my birthday.


The next day, I figure he will want to watch the game that he has been talking about for the past couple of days. This works well for me because I want to go shopping. He informs me that he wants to go shopping. So, this of course ruins this for me because I know that he really doesn't want to be there but is just doing it for me. I really wished he has just gone and seen the game instead. To make a long story short, when we are leaving, I mention to him that he owes me big time for my birthday. He says, "Oh, I thought we went shopping for your birthday". Mind you I didn't buy anything and he did not give me a gift for Xmas or my birthday. How is going shopping for me a gift when I did not even want him to go in the first place. I felt all rushed and uncomfortable the whole time.


Ugggh. Calgon take me away!

No comments: