Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Xmas In New York


Xmas in New York was not what I expected at all. In fact it wasn't that Xmassy at all. First of all, my husband was supposed to come home the day after his birthday which is a week before Xmas. I had planned to have a nice dinner for him and a nice birthday cake. Well, the day before he is supposed to come home, he calls and says he has to reschedule because he totally forgot to ship his DJ equipment to Texas where he was to work a NYE wedding. He now needed to get that squared away and would not be in town until a couple of days before Xmas.


Needless to say this kind of ruined my spirit for both his birthday and Xmas. I told him that I had a nice birthday surprise for him but now he ruined it. I refused to recreate it for him when he finally got into town. My previous plans were to go look for a Xmas tree and decorate it but since he got home so late, I figured why waste the money on a tree for 1 day? So, I made a stink about this too and we did not get a tree.


Then the coup de grace. On Xmas day, he sleeps all day and I slave over the stove making Xmas dinner. He wakes up in time for dinner and says, "You should be grateful to cook dinner for me, that is what being a wife is all about!". I just about threw up at the table. I'm thinking, "Oh, now my only purpose is to cook and do things for you and that I should be grateful about this". Around this time I am also thinking, this is almost the worst Xmas I have ever had. I did not get married to be a slave and work all the time while he sleeps. If that is how he is thinking he ought to get a couple of more jobs. About 3 more so he can do his duty which is work and bring home money for the family. I don't recall there being anything in there about sleeping!


Hmph! Bah Humbug.

No comments: