
I am currently reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. What a fantastic book! I got interested in it because of the Nesties. They were posting about the newest book called Breaking Dawn and since they mentioned it was about vampires, I immediately had to do some research on the subject. So, I went to my trusty research engine, Google and looked up the author. During this research I found that this book was part of a series so I excited went to the bookstore to find the first book.
I have to admit that I was not optimistic. I love vampire books and was totally in love with Ann Rice's books as well as the short-lived series Kindred: The Embraced. I was totally crushed when the series was not renewed and Ann Rice decided that she would not write any more vampire novels. It was then that I got hooked on Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs. Their characters are all forensic pathologists and coroners. Can you see the thread? For some reason I am obsessed with death and the causes and so on. I don't know why but I am very intrigued by it all. So, when I started reading it my hopes weren't to high.
I was pleased that the book was pretty substantial. I figured that it would be great for my trip to Europe. And the cover art was certainly nice but would the content keep my hooked? It is always such a gamble with books. So, with bated breath I open the book and started to read. Wow! What a great story. I am totally blown away. The main characters Bella and Edward are so vivid. I can see every detail of them in my minds eye. Their romance is so beautiful and envelops you totally. It reminded me of my first love and all the obsession that goes along with it.
Stephenie Meyer is such a talented writer. Her style is just the kind that I crave and it looks like I will probably finish the book before the trip and be forced to get the next in the series for the plane ride to Europe. But who would have thought that I would actually look forward to the train ride to and from work everyday. Go get this book!

No comments:
Post a Comment