Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm addicted


I don't know what happened. One minute I was content and blissfully ignorant of the hysteria and now...I'm engulfed. I mean I heard all the squawking about what a good show this was and how no one could wait until the next episode. Even my online friends would post "spoilers" and predictions but I never thought I could get sucked into this vortex. No matter how nice my online friends are...They are responsible for my destruction. One seemly innocent member just mentioned that you can watch whole episodes of this show on ABC's website for free and that people should check it out if they missed an episode or if they didn't have a :::gasp::: TiVo.

So, while doing a boring activity or two on my computer, I decided to take a look. Well, that is all it took! I am now shamelessly addicted to this show. I hear all the chatter about this hot guy or that hot girl that has other people addicted but it is the content that really has me hooked. I cannot remember a show that has been put out lately that is hugely constructed around character development. I really care about these characters and enjoy the ups and downs of their lives. Shoot, I can even empathize with some of them. It is quite cathartic.

Lately, I have not been able to get INTO shows on primetime. The trend was more toward the action or the various events in the show, not the actual characters. I like the characters. I like to get to know them as they learn to know themselves. The CSI's and other crime dramas are good but what I am really interested in is the human feelings and development. Therefore, I am happy that there is a program that is focusing on that and for all my rants about having yet another television show to TIVO, I am glad to add this to my list.

1 comment:

angelabbf said...

I'm so addicted at the moment! We watched season 1 on DVD and we're in the middle of season 2. I love it. This is the only show I've been able to get into! It's really good! (Dh laughs a me a little bit cuz I want to keep watching it)