Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Shoes for Europe

So, I have been on the lookout for comfortable shoes for Europe. Now I understand that it is not kosher to wear athletic shoes in Europe if you are not actually engaging in some sort of athletic activity. My friend Anja who is from Germany has mentioned that to me on a number of occasions. So, I knew that I would have to find some creatively comfortable substitutes.

One of the downsides of being pregnant was that my feet are a little bit wider and always hurt for some reason. As a result I am not able to wear most of my shoes, or if I can still wear them it is not for and extended amount of time. Therefore, I knew it was imperative that I go shoe shopping.

I went back to my old standbys, Keds. I bought a pair in a stone color and they are very comfortable. But I still felt like I needed sandal too. But I needed something with an arch support because if I am going to be walking alot I better have support. So, while I was walking through Penn Station on my way to the subway, I saw a lady in these cute little crocs. Not the traditional ones, but another version. Here they are:
They are called Patra. I would not get them in this color, but probably the brown or the khaki ones. I think they look comfortable and nondescript enough to make it. What do you think?

2 comments:

~M~ said...

Those are cute, but they might still make you stick out a bit (but if you're on vacation, who cares???). I got a great pair of SAS sandals that I wore all the time in France. They only sell them in stores not online, but here's what they look like (from a listing on Ebay): http://tinyurl.com/5eygz4

I love them! Really great support, and they look cute, too.

Alison said...

Very cute!! Will it be raining where you travel? If so, you might need a second tennis-shoe like option. Sketchers has some great ones right now - not "athlectic" lookign at all.