Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Started a new class

So, I started a new class called Project Planning and Overview. It is one class in a number of classes I am going to take to sit for the PMP exam. This exam makes you a certified Project Manager and hopefully opens the door to more career opportunities.

This whole process is a little nerve racking for me because it has been 14 years since I have been in school and I wonder if I can still hack it. It is something new and we'll just have to see how it goes. It is an online course so I can take it at my own pace...well sort of. There are virtual meeting that we have to attend once a week, and you have to discuss the reading material so I think that I will have to follow some sort of pace.

We have our first online meeting tonight and I am curious to see what will happen. I have read my 4 chapters, done the intro posting and the posting for module 1 so I believe I am prepared. So far the reading is very bland and methodical but the supplementary material is pretty good and the people in the class have varied backgrounds so it should prove to be interesting.

I'll report back and let you know how it goes.

No comments: