Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 25

This week was the week of Easter and the week of the move! It was a very busy one indeed. I was stressed because I really wanted to see what things that I had for the baby and what I still needed to buy. So I was really pushing for the move to begin sooner rather than later.

The week started rough to say the least. This Easter had to be the worst I have ever experienced. I really should have gotten up and gone to church because I think it would have lifted my mood. Quick was supposed to come home that day but got held up with some client meetings which also put a damper on my day. But I tried to make the most of it.

Monday rolled around and Quick still had not left LA! I was furious. We had to get the move done pronto. I took the week off so that I could focus on the move and cart Ori around to her Spring Break activities. So, I dropped Ori off at camp and ran a few errands and took the opportunity to go and meet up with my friend Hsiaolei who is also pregnant. We had a great visit and went to Buy Buy Baby. She helped me decipher some of the things that I need for the baby. We had a great time talking and catching up even though it was a short visit. Then I went to pickup Ori. She had a blast.

Quick finally made it Monday evening and got half of the storage unloaded. Then on Tuesday he got the rest of the stuff out of the storage and rearranged the other storage to fit in a couple of things that did not fit. On Wednesday, we dealt with all the clothes and things and on Thursday he was back out again. It was a miracle. I did a lot of running around and he organized all the dishes and got a fair amount of things unpacked so it was move in ready. I was so surprised and dumbstruck. They really worked hard and got a lot accomplished. Then we celebrated at Quick's favorite place, Famous Dave's BBQ!

So all in all we had an eventful week. At the end I was exhausted and had to take it easy both Friday and Saturday but we accomplished the goal. Yay!

No comments: