This week I got sick again!!! I think I overdid it with the move even though I tried to take it easy. I was just so worried that it wouldn't get done.
We are settling into to our place but still have about 20 boxes to unpack. I took it very easy this week so I did not try to tackle too much. I also went back to work but luckily it wasn't too bad. Last week, I had my monthly doctors appt and they told me that I had to take the Glucose Tolerance Test this week. So, I decided to take it on Thursday. It was strange because when I had Ori you took the 1 hour test and if you failed you took the 3 hour test. This time around they make you take a 2 hour test and then if you fail I think you take the 3 hour test. Anyway, I came prepared with my laptop to do some work while I waited.
The drill is you fast for 10-12 hours and then they take a blood draw when you come in, make you drink the glucose drink, then in an hour, they take another blood draw, and the last draw is done an hour after that. It is so funny that I got more work done working in the waiting room than I would have at my office. For some reason, every place except my office at work is conducive to working. I guess I better feng shui that office better. It may have to do with the fact that I have no windows and no natural light coming in. I feel like I am in a bomb shelter. Anyway, I am getting off track. The first guy who took my blood did it so well it was almost painless. The next lady went on the same arm and to the side of the other draw. That equaled pain. The last draw was also painful but didn't leave a mark. The other one is still hurting a little after 4 days and bruised. I am glad that it is over.
While I was at the doctors, I thought that I would just go to urgent care to have the doctor take a look at me. I had posted on my mom community that I was sick again, and one of the ladies is a doctor. She suspected I had a sinus infection. So, I thought it would be prudent to get checked out. I saw the doctor and he wasn't convinced that I needed antibiotics which was fine because I wasn't too keen on taking them in the first place. But he said I had an uncomplicated respiratory infection and gave me some recommendations for over the counter products that were safe during pregnancy. Then he wrote me a note to be off from work until Monday. He said he felt that I need some rest. I did too. I was so happy, I have never gotten a note from a Doctor before. Finally a couple of days of rest. It was definitely needed.
And...I passed the glucose test too!
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment