Sunday, April 08, 2012

Week 23 and 24

Looks like I missed a week. It is entirely possible since the past 2 weeks have been extremely busy with lots of major decisions to be made.

I was sick again this week, and this time with the flu. It was miserable especially since you really can't take much. I was the worst on Monday with a sore throat, achy body, and stuffed nose. It also happened to be the day we had to drive to Sacramento to get our taxes done. So, I ended up driving up there because Quick had a migraine and it was pretty miserable for the both of us. But we did get the taxes done, well mostly and the confirmation of bad news regarding our taxes for last year. I really hated to hear the truth but at least we were mentally prepared for it. It really sucks to hire a professional to do your taxes only to find out that mistakes were made. However, it is better than getting audited so we will just have to suck it up.

The bright side to go up to Sacramento was that we got to meet up with good friends and family. We saw Pat, Jenn and David, my cousin Monet and some of Quick's friends. So it was fun to catch up and everyone enjoyed seeing how much Ori has grown.

Also sometime in that week, our tenants broke their lease and caused us to have to rearrange a couple of things. The good part was that we had a little bit of heads up before they left. Another good thing is that we had finally found the perfect place to move into. It was great, with enough space and everything and mentally, we had already commited to the place but not in writing. So luckily this happened before any financial commitments were made and we made the decision to move back into the townhome. Although it was a hard decision, I think it is the best decision for us at the moment. We can revisit some other arrangement a little later down the road.

More adversity, was still coming our way though. My driver windows decided to fall off the track as well, just before a major storm was coming through. Of course this happened on a Friday at almost 6pm. So no service until Monday and we had to use a towel in hopes that it would catch the torrential downpour that was expected. It did and we were able to get the window fixed on Monday. The best part is the auto body shop did not even charge us for the labor!!! We only had to pay for the parts which was about $20. Great Job Janssens Auto Body! We will continue to use them in the future. They were great and located in Newark in case anyone need some help in this area.

Then my husbands car started to act up. It was making a weird noise from the tires. So, he went to Midas to get the tires rotated. Still making the noise. So we went and got 4 new tires $$$$. Still making the noise. Then we took it to a repair shop and found that they suspension was messed up. Got that all fixed up and the noise went away. But there goes more money we weren't expecting to pay. Ugh.

Then I was so sick on the Monday, I took Tuesday off. So Wednesday, I had a large pile of to dos from work and a constant stream of people in and out of my office making the day largely unproductive. Thursday, I dedicated myself to getting everything done and attained my goal by 8pm that night. Despite the long hours, I had a clear conscience and head. Friday, I worked from home and got the rest of the work done so that this week while I am on vacation, it can all pile up...again. Hee Hee. But all in all, I am happy to have gotten it all taken care of and have a clear queue going into this week. Working from home is so much more productive than being in the office for sure.

This coming week, I am looking forward to moving and starting to assess what I already have for the baby and what we still need to get. I have a lot of clothes that I am consigning for myself and I need to weed out all the girl clothes for consignment as well. A lot of projects are in store. Can't wait for the piece of mind.

In baby news, I can say that this one is very active. He is now getting me up around 6 or 7 every morning with a few powerful and swift kicks or jabs. He is very strong. I am afraid for when he actually gets here. I think he is going to be very busy but I hope he is not a morning baby as we are all late riser and that will really put a monkey wrench in things.

Happy Easter!

No comments: