Ori had here first dance audition this Thursday. I can't tell you how over the moon and proud I was of her. She is so not like me. She was so excited the day of the audition, where I would have been so nervous. We arrived to a studio full of little and big dancers and she was not intimidated in the least bit. When it came time go into the audition, she marched right in there and never once looked back.
We were hoping to get a chance to see the actual auditions but it was all closed door. There were some little kids that came out crying or went back in forth between the audition and their parent but Ori was a trooper. The audition lasted 30 minutes and we were told that they would do some jazz and tap moves. I'm not sure what went on in there but when we went in to collect her, she had the biggest smile on her face. We asked her how she did and she said, "Mommy, I did awesome". She was also lucky enough to have her dance teacher as one of the judges. She told me that Ori did a great job and she was so proud. I was very proud too. I can't wait for her to start on this journey. It was always something that I wanted to do but I was much to shy. Ori is an entertainer by nature. She loves the stage and performing so this will be no big deal. Now all we have to do is pay for all of this!
I was happy to actually talk to another dance mom whose daughter has been performing with the company for 3 years. She told us how much her daughter loved it and would rather spend hours at the studio than hanging out with her friends. She also showed us the recent competition that she was in. They were so good and professional. I was really impressed. I had no idea that they would be so polished. I can only hope the same for Ori. I can't wait!! So excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment