Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sam's Chowder House!

Finally got to go to Sam's Chowder House!!!! Yummy. We took a trip up to half Moon Bay last weekend to just get away and for me secretly to get to Sam's Chowder House. Unfortunately, the weekend was a wash out of rain and wind until it was time to go home :). Typical but we did not let that deter us. After a fitful name of about 4 hours, I woke to a grumbly tummy. Luck for us Sam's was still open, so we went out in the terrible rain and let me tell you it was worth it.

I had the famous Lobster Roll of course. Now, we lived on the East Coast for 4 years and while there we went to this place that was also famous for their lobster roll. The roll was covered in mayonnaise, and overall I felt it wasn't that good. Bland and tasteless is the best way to describe it. The experience was very different! Sam's was gigantic pieces of lobster that were so sweet and tasty dripping in buttery on a perfectly toasted bun. It was so good that I just closed my eyes and savored the sweet flavor. Yummy! My husband had the gumbo to start so you know I could not resist taking a bite, okay a million bites of that goodness. Although it was not a true Louisiana or Texas gumbo it was flavorful, robust and again had lots of buttery goodness. The crab was divine, the andouille sausage good and the okra was not slimy. Then for his entree he had the Petrale Sole. Also very good over some sort of grain that I had never seen before. He gobbled it up and loved it. The daughter had fish and chips.

Needless to say we left full and satisfied. I will definitely come back.

No comments: