Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 20

Week 20 day 0 was our anatomy scan! I was very nervous because most of all I wanted everything to measure on schedule and not abnormalities to be present. Second, I was terribly anxious about the sex of our baby. I kept going back and forth over what if it was another girl and all the positives about that and then what if it was a boy and how different it would be. I just had all of these emotions and was very nervous going in.

We met the ultrasound technician and she asks us of course if we wanted to know the sex. Both me and Quick said Yes together. Then she put the wand on my belly and immediately we found out. It was so easy to spot that both me and Quick knew right away...It's a boy! I felt so lucky, so excited and then I held my breath while the tech finished all the measurements. It was quiet as she listed all the parts, the head, the arms, the hands, the legs, the feet, the spine, the heart, etc. After each announcement she said it looked good. Thank goodness. It was amazing seeing him once again and a flood of relief went over me as she said that we were right on schedule and all was well. Then the doctor came in to confirm the results and do a little poking around herself. They said that he was the cutest baby that they had that day. I was already quite proud!

The doctor even gave us some 3d shots along with the regular ultrasound pictures. And...the baby looks exactly like Quick! I couldn't believe it. Just like him. So at least at this stage, none of the kids will look like me. Ori is a combination of us both but because of her personality and the way she moves her face she is so much like Quick it is incredible. So I am anxious to see what this one looks like when he is born. Ori looked exactly the same when she was born so I expect this one will too.

We left the ultrasound place in a bit of a shock. I can't believe that we are going to have one of each. I feel so good and so blessed. Then we went to pick up Ori. I broke the news to her that she would not have a baby sister as she requested but a baby brother. She was so cute, she said, "That's okay, I'm going to have a brother". She took the news better than I thought. In fact she was quite proud too.

I can also report that the Chinese Gender Test, the necklace over the stomach test, intuition and the early guess at the NT scan were completely correct. It was boy all the way.

The a/s scan was just on time too because the Just Between Friends consignment sale was that weekend as well. It afforded me the opportunity to pick up some gently used clothes now that we knew the gender and could not recycle all of Ori's old clothes. I went to the sale on Friday and picked up 6 things for the baby and 2 for Ori for a grand total of $35. I was very proud of myself. Now I am itching to get the stuff out of storage so I can do an inventory of what we have and what we still need. Luckily I purchased all gender neutral stuff for Ori in terms of strollers and high chairs so I have most of that. I just need to get a few supplements and clothing and we should be set.


No comments: