Ori is old enough to be in Dance Company at her studio! I am so excited and a little jealous as well. I always liked dancing but when my mom put me in it I didn't like to perform so I stopped taking it. I still don't like to perform but nowadays it is not required and there is a place for students like me.
Anyway, Ori is a performer. She loves all the attention and is really serious about dance. I think she likes Cheerleading a bit more but since she is not old enough to be on the performing squad, dance will be her thing this year. I went to the informational meeting last night to hear all the particulars. It is going to require quite a bit of commitment from me but I think this is going to be so important for her. I feel like dance is the springboard for so many other activities! I can't wait until she starts. I will very interested in which style of dance she will like the most. Right now she is taking a combo class which is ballet and tap. She says she prefers tap. Next year she will be taking ballet, tap, jazz and a rehearsal class that will either be tap or jazz. I have a feeling that she will like jazz best but we'll have to wait and see.
I am also hoping that with her starting kindergarten and dance company that she will be so busy with her own activities that she will not have time to be jealous of the baby. It will also get me out of the house and back in the groove of things. Hopefully, I will get back into shape faster this time around too. These next couple of months are going to be so much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment