Monday, March 19, 2012

Differences

As all moms say, each pregnancy is different. Luckily my first pregnancy was a breeze so much so that immediately after I gave birth, I said, "You know, I could do that again! No problem." This time around has been excellent as well but there have been some subtle changes.

Temperature:
With Ori, I was hot all the time. With this one, I'm cold

Appetite:
With Ori, I was pretty ravenous even early on. This one, I am not nearly as hungry. It is just now at 19 weeks that I notice that I am hungry more often. Not too ravenous though which is nice.

Fatigue:
With Ori, I was so tired! I would just camp out on the couch and sleep all weekend. It would just hit me like a cloud and I couldn't shake it. I am not sure if it was purely the pregnancy or the fact that I commuted into the city every day that took 2.5 hours each way. This one, I am no more tired than usual. However, there is a time at night where I just shut down and I can do no more and my eyes involuntarily close. It is usually around 9 or 10pm but can be as early at 7pm some days.

Cravings:
With Ori, I craved all spicy foods. The spicier the better and would regularly stuff myself with Thai food or put hot sauce on everything. With this one I do not crave anything. In fact most of the time I do not know what I want. It is only after tasting it that I can tell if I want it or not. It is quite frustrating.

No comments: