Well we just made a major decision this Friday. We bought another dog. An expensive dog to keep our other dog company. I'm still on the fence about this one. I am still wondering how this happened. But somehow it did.
We got a maltese puppy. She is really cute too. I named her Verushka at first but that proved too hard to say. So, I named her Sasha instead. So, of course my husband takes off for 2 weeks and leaves me with 1 dog and a puppy. I, of course, have never taken care of a puppy by myself but I was determined not to let her take over my life! So, she has had to learn a couple of lessons so far. Like, there will be no whining at 2am and that she will have to be confined because she cannot control her bladder yet.
I hope that Sasha will become like our other dog whom is cute, quiet and housebroken soon. I'm lucky though because she learns fast! This has already shown me, in all of 2 days that I am not ready for kids yet. Sasha is not too much of a problem but I can see how a child could take up googobs of time and change my schedule in so many different ways. I don't think that I am ready for those changed yet.
So, all in all, it seems that maybe this came at the right time. Now, I know that I am capable of taking care of a baby animal and still keep time for me. But I also know that I am not yet ready for my life to be dictated by a small being. So, here's to new beginnings.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
If your older dog is well behaved, the new puppy should learn from the older dog, so you will have that going for you! We got our dog in July and we are still adjusting, but it's MUCH better now!! Good luck!! :)
Congrats on the new puppy!! :)
Yay! Congrats on the puppy! Good luck training her! I know it's challenging.
Congrats on the new puppy! Maybe I should get one too before I think about a REAL baby! =) Hope all is going well with Sasha...
Post a Comment