Saturday, September 08, 2007

Took a quick jaunt to the Hamptons

Can I say how much I really love living on Long Island? It just makes me smile everytime I think about it.

Anyway, today I took a nice, quiet drive to the Hamptons. One thing I found out when I moved here is that the Hamptons is not an actual place but an area. Imagine my confusion when I was looking for a place called Hamptons the first time we ventured out there. Well at least this time I felt really comfortable and knew where I was going.

I actually went to Bridgehampton today which is roughly an hour from my house. The drive is really nice because you end up on a nice rural highway that runs through farm land and by farm stands. The only problem is that the road is a two lane one so it gets pretty congested when you leave later in the day as I did. Good thing I was in no hurry and in good spirits.

My adventure today was to find the Gap there that had a maternity shop. I found it without incident and proceeded to buy a jean skirt and light blue top to go with a skirt I already have. the great thing about most of the stuff is that it will still fit after pregnancy and is classic enough to wear with the 2nd child. Well, that is if everything goes well with this one. I don't want to get ahead of myself.

There was also a TJ Maxx which is one of my mom's favorite stores of all time. I thought I would just take a peek in there and found a great tablecloth for Thanksgiving. I kind of got some inspiration by visiting Williams Sonoma earlier in the day. The table cloth is a nice pumpkin color and I got the cloth napkins to match. Now I just need to get a center piece and some napkin rings and I think my table may be complete! I have a feeling that I will have visitors for Thanksgiving again this year. Last year I got caught in the lurch and had to use a green table cloth which was not in my "vision" but it all worked out.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

How cute you sound taking a jaunt to the Hamptons! One day I will do the same, le sigh.....