Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Cameras

Right before Thanksgiving, the camera that I got for Christmas last year mysteriously came up broken. The LCD screen showed some cracking inside of the camera. Needless to say it was not taking any pictures at all. Hence no pictures at Thanksgiving or Christmas except for the pictures that my Blackberry can take. Then without warning, my Blackberry camera stopped working. It was like the camera gods decided that I wasn't taking enough pictures anyway so forget a camera.

I did everything I could think of to revive my camera phone. I did a battery pull, updated the software all to no avail. Finally I broke down and took it to the Verizon store and lo and behold they got it working again! Such good news since I am not up for renewal until May of this year. In the mean time, I did check out all their new phones and gadgets. I always gotta keep up on the technology because there is no telling what random phone someone will bring into work wanting me to work my IT magic on.

What did I learn....I really like taking pictures and I have a hard time without a phone especially since Ori is on the go! I also found out that I can send in my camera to be repaired for about $65. I think that it worth it since it will be a little bit of time before I can get a dslr camera. I need a faster shutter speed to catch those action shots and I hope that I can get back into photography again.

No comments: