Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week 32

This week went well as far as the pregnancy is concerned. I am really blessed by a very easy pregnancy with minimal issues. However, this was also the week that it was confirmed that my car is dying a slow painful death.

My car has been shaking when I brake on the freeway. Of course this causes some concern since I have a long commute and I am expecting another child and safety is of high concern. I was also keenly aware that my car would be slightly inconvenient with 2 kids. It is a 325i BMW which is a 4 door sedan. It was difficult with Ori getting the car seat in and out of car and with 2 car seats I think it would be even more challenging. So, getting a new car was on my mind anyway but I was not prepared to have to contemplate one so quickly.

So I had a coupon for AAA's car care and thought I would bring it in to get an alignment. Ori and I got up bright and early to get the car in the shop. I thought it would be cool to drop off the car then go get breakfast. So half way through our breakfast, I find that the car has major problems and they can not go any further without speaking to me first. My heart drops. We finish up breakfast and head back to the shop. The guy tells me all the things that are wrong and ends with...you need a new car. I tried to push back suggesting that maybe I should just get new tires and the guys was like, "Lady, you need a new car. The cost of repairs could be an excellent down payment. Go get a new car." So dejected, I left and broke the news to Quick. He took it pretty well but we were both disappointed. I mean the car has served me well. It is a 1993 which makes it 19 years old and it has 300k miles on it. Not bad at all. So I really can't complain.

Now to figure out what I want to get next. I definitely want a small SUV. So I am thinking about the Lexus RX series, the Volvo SUV, the BMW X3 and X5 and the Acura MDX and RDX models.

In other news, since we were already in the South Bay we decided to check out the uniform shop for Ori's school. Ori will be required to wear a uniform next year and they have a set selection of clothes that they can choose from. One of the places you can buy from is Lands End and the other one is Merry Mart. So, I had already checked out Lands End products at the local Sears store and now we went to check out the Merry Mart store. I really like the Lands End products because I am a stickler for quality and durability and even though it may be more expensive but it holds up better and looks better for a longer period of time. Merry Mart was a huge store with many many possibilities. I checked out all of the approved items and pretty much decided that I preferred the Lands End brand better and since I have been using my points to order her clothes, I have yet to spend one penny on her wardrobe. Yay!

No comments: