This week we finally got our hospital tour. It was not really what I expected. They kind of went over the rules and then took us to a birthing room. The rooms are single occupancy and include a private bathroom and shower. The rooms are also fairly big. I was happy to hear that they strive to keep you in these rooms rather than the postpartum rooms which have a shared shower facility. They only use the postpartum rooms if they do not have enough space and then if they are really strapped they make you share a postpartum room. I hope I get a birthing room and I get to spend as little time as possible in the hospital. Even though the rooms are nice, I really am not a fan of hospitals.
This week the doctors asst brought up that ugly I word... Induction. Since I have no real progress she just informed me what the office's policy was. I hope it does not come to that.
I also started maternity leave this week as well. So far so good. Nothing has come up which I think means I prepared them well for my departure. I am still addicted to my phone though. I guess old habits die hard.
On Friday, they had a nice baby shower for me at work. People just came down and had some cake as I opened presents. It was really nice and relaxing. Unfortunately, since it was on a Friday there were a lot of people who weren't there but it was nice for them to throw me something.
Then on Sunday, my friends threw me another baby shower. It was a tea that was so nice. I really enjoyed it and I think the guests did too. We got to drink some amazing tea and eat some great scones and tea sandwiches. My favorite was the chicken pecan sandwich. Lovely!
Ori also started her classes for dance. She is taking a rehearsal class, tap class, jazz class and ballet over the course of 2 days. She really loves class and is exhausted afterwards. That is the best part.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
so glad to hear that you have a big private room. they have changed some things then! :)
Post a Comment