December 9 – What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.
I can't say that I have indulged in too many parties this year. It has been a kind of off year due to our undetermined status, then our move, then the adjustment and I think as we are coming to the end of the year, we are finally getting somewhat back to our normal groove. So, if I had to pick something it would certainly be more on the realm of social gathering rather than party.
It was our company A's game trip. This was something that was totally new to me. Previous to working at the corporate office, I did work in my currently office for many years. We had mostly parties in our lunchroom and nothing too elaborate. But shortly after my arrival back to the team we had a staff A's game trip in the new baseball field. It was great! I had not been to it since it was built to it was a special treat even though I am not into baseball at all. The people were my goofball co-workers who are a special group of people that really know how to have fun. They were totally into the game and shouting and cheering just like fans do! There wasn't much music other than the music that they play between plays but the atmosphere was great. The food and drink..well hot dogs, soda and popcorn were on the bill. Good old stadium food along with a couple of garlic fries to boot. Clothes..well got to see everyone in their casual wear. Good for some, not so good for others. And the shenanigans. Not to much there except the occasional beer spill and thrown peanuts.
It was a good time and a great idea. It was nice to get out of the office even though it did rain toward the end. We all bonded and I hope to attend many more of these sort of activities. Because after all, "All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment