Friday, December 10, 2010

Wisdom

December 10 – What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?

The wisest decision I made this year was the decision to move my family back to California from New York. Was this an easy decision...No. Did it have plenty of pros and cons....yes. Do I second guess myself all the time...yes. Boy, do I hate adult decisions.

Now, how did it play out. Well, I am not sure how it is going to play out in the long run but I can tell you how the decision has played out so far. The actual move was a nightmare beyond all nightmares, and I thank my lucky stars that we made it safely...there were plenty of opportunities for disaster. We are close to family and my mom is able to watch Ori while I am at work which is a huge help. I am able to help my family out more and Quick is closer to his work environment so that is nicer. I was hopeful that we could participate in more family activities since we are closer but most of them didn't happen this year. That was sad. I have been able to attend an inordinate amount of funerals though...not exactly what I was wishing for...

So, in a nutshell that was the type of decision that may take years to play out but so far it is not what I expected but it is turning out to be okay.

No comments: