Sunday, December 05, 2010

Writing.

December 2
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?




The one thing that I do each day that doesn't contribute to my writing is overthink. There are many times I think of things that I can write in my blog but then I start to think about it. Is it noteworthy? Is it really that interesting? Should I talk about that? In the end, I either decide not to write about it or something else happens to supersede my original thought. I never really get it down on paper or rather on the computer. Other times the things are so complicated I struggle with how to present them in an understandable manner. Will it make sense? Will it seem inconsequential?

How can I eliminate these feelings? Well, I could just become more impulsive and just write them immediately as I am feeling them. I could just stop censoring myself. Hmm. That is one to think about.

No comments: